The Everett Law Group advises individuals, families and business owners in the areas of estate planning and business succession planning. Our services range from preparing basic wills and trusts to advising on more complex wealth transfer strategies. We value the importance of building trust and open communication with our clients as estate planning is a highly personal process.
In structuring an overall estate plan, we prepare a variety of documents including:
- Revocable living trusts
- Irrevocable trusts, such as life insurance trusts, charitable trusts and children’s trusts
- Powers of attorney, advance health care directives and related documents to plan for incapacity
- Beneficiary designations for retirement plans, life insurance and other assets
- Buy-sell agreements and similar documents for transferring ownership and control of businesses
Our plans are designed to address the varying needs and family circumstances of our clients, including planning for:
- Parents with minor children
- Blended families
- Business owners and professionals, including physicians, dentists and attorneys
- International clients, including non-US citizen spouses and clients with beneficiaries and/or assets in other countries
- Charitable clients
- Same-sex couples and domestic partners
With experience in both business law and estate planning, we are particularly well-positioned to advise estate planning clients with ownership interests in businesses. We encourage clients to begin the business succession planning process early with the goal of maximizing the value of their businesses.